Saturday, September 24, 2011

I'm going away for a while . . .

. . . because I'll be teaching at a writer's conference, so I doubt I'll be doing any baking.  But before I go, I have to tell you about this recently-released cookbook.  In fact, I wrote an Amazon review about it:


I've been on a baking binge lately, and I've gathered all the best cookbooks: FLOUR, SARABETH'S BAKERY, THE ART AND SOUL OF BAKING, MIETTE . . . and I thought I was done until I saw this. I hesitated--even at a reduced price, the book is expensive, and I didn't want to spend money on recipes I already had. But after looking through this book, I'm convinced my money was well-spent. Lisa Yockelson presents a new approach and delightfully different ways to bake: bread in a bundt, cheesecake in teacups, whatever works. Can't wait to bake my way through this book, too. 

Amazon has activated the "look inside this book" feature, so you can browse for a while online.  The author has included great sections on baking craft and baking terms and equipment, so it's another great teach-while-you-create book.  And it's heavy!  About as heavy and thick as the awesome THE ART AND SOUL OF BAKING.

SO . . . until I see you again, have a great week.  And happy baking!

~~Angie, who needs to bake up a plot before she gets home!

2 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Have a great trip! I'm sure you will whip up a plot in no time!

Tamera Alexander said...

You're making me want to buy all these books, Angie! I've got my ideas for my Christmas list! ;)