Thursday, November 24, 2011

Over the River and Through the Woods

Happy Thanksgiving!

I set out my buckets of frozen macarons and pretty plates--with paper doilies. 
The hubby and I are traveling over to our family reunion this morning, where I'll see my mom and my sisters (and the aunts, uncles, and cousins), so I thought I'd do up some little Christmas gifts of macaroons.  I piled one tray with them to set out on the reunion dessert table, then made individual gift plates for my mom and sisters.

They look wonderful, and they taste fantastic (I know, because I ate several of them for breakfast.)  I'm grateful that macarons freeze beautifully, because I made some of these weeks ago and they defrost quickly and are still crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and just wonderful.

Arranging a sampling of colors on each plate--and the tray in the b'ground
My mind is buzzing--last night I cleaned out my closet and found lots of adorable little gift bags and gift boxes--I'm always collecting things that are too cute to throw away.  So this year I'll fill them with macarons and use them for gift giving.  How cool is that?  I love it when bits of a plan come together.  :-)

Oh!  I just remembered that I have beautiful red ribbons that say "baked with love from Angie's kitchen."  Need to wrap those around the plates!

Wherever you are, wherever you travel, I pray that you will be safe and content and grateful for all that God has blessed us with.
I will cover with cling wrap and tie with my login' oven ribbons--ta da! 

Happy Thanksgiving.  And if you're lucky enough to be in the kitchen, happy baking!



~~Angie

3 comments:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! I'm sure those macaroons will be a big hit with your family!

Anonymous said...

I love my own family, but there are times I wish I was part of YOUR family. This is one of those times! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Gary, and those lucky relatives of yours. Clyde

Mocha with Linda said...

Absolutely adorable! Have a wonderful day!